'Meeting Zest' Thumball
Break the ice, dive into deep conversation, or simply start talking!
Each Thumball is loaded with 32 prompts to get the conversation rolling and foster discussion about topics meaningful to your group. Decide which Thumball is right for you! After all, close work friendships can boost employee satisfaction 50% (Gallup - State of the American Workplace)
The Meeting Zest Thumball provides perfect questions for any meeting, which will build camaraderie, ease tension, foster development of collegial relationships and surface hot topics. On this Thumball, you'll find three types of questions - those that focus on 'me', 'we' and 'me & we.'
Share your reaction to whatever prompt lies under your thumb. Thumball is a soft 6" stuffed ball with loads of applications!
HOW IT WORKS: Someone throws the ball, another catches it and responds to the prompt under their thumb.
FACILITATION TIP 1
In order to achieve greatness, sometimes teams need to take a step back and reflect on their relationships, communication, and their process of working together.
Option1: Have each player respond only to the prompt under their thumb, then toss the ball to another.
Option 2: After the first player has responded to their prompt, invite others to share their perspective or discuss ways they could work together more effectively.
FACILITATION TIP 2
Explain that conversations about team dynamics can become emotionally charged. The goal of the Meeting Zest Thumball is to raise important issues and have necessary conversations in a positive environment. So that everyone can feel safe, have the group set up their own Ground Rules. Here are some that you might want on the list:
- Only one person speaks at a time
- Speak only for yourself; Use I statements
- No personal attacks critique ideas, not people
- Agree to disagree; disagree without being disagreeable
- Listen - make sure everyone feels heard and validated
- Be positive and non-judgmental; open to new ideas
FACILITATION TIP 3
If conversations get sticky: Expert facilitators suggest these techniques to ease difficult or emotional situations:
- Pause the conversation so you can review the ground rules with the group.
- Redirect negative comments; ask what can we do differently?
- Focus on changes that can positively affect the team.
- If two parties disagree, suggest that they switch roles and make the counter argument.
- Keep a flip chart of difficult topics that can be addressed later.
- Be ready to share some of your own experiences.
- Take a break. Stop for awhile and regroup.
- Thank participants for sharing their personal stories.
Book a 1 hour workshop
Try out tools focusing on dialogue (Thumball, picture cards, dialogue cards, coaching carpet) with your team. Order a one hour workshop with Michael Meinhardt. He will guide you and your team through different methods and tools and involve everybody for weeks ahead. Workshop price is DKK 2.500 plus travelling expences.
There is no reviews yet. Be the first to write us your opinion